Transfer Credit Appeal Process

The appeal process can be used when a student wishes to contest the way his or her transfer course was evaluated (that is, whether the course was equated to a specific Fredonia course or applied to a particular degree requirement). The appeal must be made during the student’s first semester of enrollment at Fredonia.

The appeal process is initiated in the Registrar’s Office where a counselor will explain the process and determine if a formal appeal needs to be made. Students wishing to pursue the appeal process must complete the transfer credit appeal form and submit it to the appropriate department for review. Instructions regarding this process and the appeal form are available on our transfer student services web page:

Students transferring from SUNY schools, who are not satisfied with Fredonia’s final decision, can appeal to the SUNY Provost. The appeal form and instructions are available at: