Veteran's Administration Educational Benefits

Those veterans or dependents who are, or feel they are, eligible for federal financial assistance through the Veterans Administration should contact the School Certifying Officer, Office of Financial Aid, 209 Maytum Hall, (716) 673-3253, or email Students are urged to begin their VA paperwork before the beginning of the school term in order to hasten processing. To further facilitate the start of benefits, the veteran, or the children, spouses, and/or survivors of veterans whose deaths or permanent total disabilities were service-connected, should present pertinent data, such as the service number, dates of service, discharging papers, and any other VA claim information.  Students must complete a VA Form 22-1990 at and the Veterans Fact Sheet at in order for VA benefits to be certified.