Transfer Credit

Enrolled students must secure prior approval from the chairperson of their major program (or department of advisement), from the chair of their minor, if applicable, and from the Registrar, before credit taken at another college or university will be transferred to the student’s record at Fredonia. Students applying for such approval should provide the chairperson and Registrar a copy of the course description from the other college catalog. Transfer Credit Approval forms are available in the Office of the Registrar.

Students who have been required to withdraw from the university may not complete degree requirements by taking courses at another college, unless they are subsequently readmitted and enrolled in courses leading to a degree program at Fredonia.

Credit for non-collegiate sponsored instruction will be awarded upon the recommendation of the appropriate dean, following consultation with department chairpersons as appropriate. Where applicable, the guidelines found in College Credit Recommendations (published by the Board of Regents/State Education Department) should be followed.

Credit will be subject to these limitations:

  1. It is to be considered transfer credit.
  2. It is elective credit.
  3. A maximum of 12 credit hours may be counted toward graduation.
  4. Consistent with university policy, physical education credit should be limited to 4 credit hours.