Permission to Take Graduate Courses While an Undergraduate

Undergraduates who have completed 90 credit hours and whose grade point average is 3.0 or better may be allowed to enroll in suitable graduate courses numbered 500-599. Permission is not automatic, however; in each instance, students must request approval of the department offering the course. The forms for this purpose may be found in the Registrar’s office or online at

Students may use such graduate courses either to meet undergraduate degree requirements or to meet degree requirements in a Fredonia graduate program they enter at a later time. Except for specific courses prescribed in an approved multi-award program,  no course may be used for both purposes by the same person. In no case will an undergraduate be allowed to enroll in a course numbered 600 or above.