Permission to Take Graduate Courses While an Undergraduate

Undergraduates who have completed 90 credit hours and whose grade point average is 3.0 or better may be allowed to enroll in suitable graduate courses numbered 500-599. Permission is not automatic, however; in each instance, students must request approval of the department offering the course and of the Graduate Studies Office. The forms for this purpose may be found in the Registrar’s office. Students may use such graduate courses either to meet undergraduate degree requirements or to meet degree requirements in a SUNY Fredonia graduate program they enter at a later time. In the latter case, a student will be charged the difference between undergraduate and graduate tuition when the credit is applied to the graduate transcript. No course may be used for both purposes by the same person. In no case will an undergraduate be allowed to enroll in a course numbered 600 or above.