Requirements for the Minor in Writing
The minor in writing requires a minimum of 22 credit hours.
I. Five core courses as follows (13 credit hours)
ENGL 160: two semesters at .5 credit hour
II. Three elective courses chosen from the following (9 credit hours)
- ENGL 160 must be taken twice. Students are required to register for ENGL 160 concurrently with the pertinent intermediate and advanced writing courses — ENGL 361 or ENGL 362, and ENGL 460 or ENGL 461.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours counted toward the minor must be taken at SUNY Fredonia. Courses in the minor may only be taken once for credit, with the exception of ENGL 160 and ENGL 399.
- All students must earn a grade of C or higher in each of their required courses.
- ENGL 399 is a special topics course. Students may only count this in the minor when the topic is pertinent to writing.
- Students may only cross-list 6 credit hours of courses for the ENGL major and writing minor.